freshly ground black pepper
8 to 10 oz Bison Tenderloin
1 handful of fresh celery leaves picked
a few shaving of Parmigiano Reggiano
Field or button mushrooms Half a lemon
extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the Bison Tenderloin on your cutting board and season it all over with salt and pepper.
2. Get a heavy frying pan very hot and add a splash of oil, followed by the bison fillet. Fry for 1 minute only, turning it every few seconds to sear.
3. Take the meat out of the frying pan and put it on to a plate to rest for a minute. (Once seared, you can serve right away or you can keep the meat covered on a plate until needed.)
4. Slice the seared fillet with a sharp knife as thinly as possible. Lay each slice on a board and flatten as much as you can by pressing down on them with the side of a chopping knife.
5. Lay out the slices of fillet on to your platter. Season again lightly and place Your thinly sliced Field Mushrooms, Parmesan shavings and celery leaf on top of your carpaccio.
6. drizzle with some good extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon and enjoy!
Get Black Angus Fine Meats & Game Bison Tenderloin here